Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Wow, I'm finally doing this...

There's no time like the present.  I have written so many blog posts in my head - while driving Carter to therapy, in the waiting room at the doctor's office, while nursing baby Crosby...But I am FINALLY actually doing this, starting my very own blog.  I kick myself, at least weekly, for not starting this 4 years ago when I was pregnant with Carter.  It could have come in handy in so many ways, but I can't go back, only ahead and here I am now. 

We had an amazing weekend...We celebrated a huge milestone for Carter on Saturday, with many friends and family present at his "truckin'" party.  We are truly blessed to have so many wonderful and supportive people in our lives.  I am so proud of our big guy. Carter has a long road ahead of him but he has truly come so so far.  Last year at this time we were at our wit's end, contacting anyone who would listen whom we thought could help us get out of the lowest of lows with Carter.  He was basically non-verbal and so frustrated.  He would act out by banging his head - HARD - and we didn't know what to do.  I still can't believe that that was 12 short months ago.  We definitely have a fantastic team of professionals who have helped us get Carter to where he is today.  We look forward to another great year of preschool...This is our last week of summer.  Time definitely flies!

Our next celebration is for Oliver's 2nd birthday (9/17).  My sweet, sweet chatter-box, who we joke is the girl we never had.  He is already super dramatic, he loves "spicy" (Perrier) water with lemon and he talks from the time he wakes up in the morning until he goes to bed at night...He has taught Carter so much already and I know that they will be buddies and continue to learn from each other.  :)  Oliver is also starting preschool, two mornings a week, but he has to be 2 so he'll start two weeks after the other kids in his class.  I know it will be hard for him at first, because he's shy and a bit of a mama's boy, but I know it'll be SO great in the long-run

My "problem child" right now is baby Crosby.  Sleep training sucks and letting him cry for 10 minutes in the middle of the night seems like 10 hours.  He turned 3 months last Wednesday (the 17th).  Overall, he is such a chill, happy baby but the nights are HARD.  Last night he was up 7 times, 4 of which I nursed him...I know he can make it longer, which makes it even harder.  I am just not ready to let him cry it out yet, so I really can't complain.  I have tried to get him to eat more during the day but if he doesn't want to, he isn't going to.  I know we'll get through it, Carter and Oliver are great sleepers and I know that Crosby will be one day too, but for now, I'm TIRED.

We have an exciting week planned, our last one before school starts for Carter...My MIL is here so we'll be leaving baby C with her and heading out to do some fun stuff that isn't necessarily infant-friendly.  Tomorrow we're hitting Luck Stone quarry, where a guide will get into our car and give us an hour-long tour, narrating what happens at the quarry and telling us about all of the trucks.  Oliver's going to be in his glory.  Carter also starts back up with therapeutic horseback riding tomorrow.  Some other highlights of the week will include: the new sprayground in Alexandria, the Playseum in Bethesda and the National Aquarium in Baltimore.  The weather forecast sounds amazing, at least for the beginning of the week so it should be great!

I could go on and on but I'll sign-off for now, excited to be up and running after all of this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment