Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Preschool rocks!

Tuesday was a big day for Carter...After a summer off from school, we returned to Newton-Lee for his first day.  I was a little skeptical because we had stopped by school the week prior to drop-off food for the teacher appreciation luncheon and as soon as we pulled up, he started crying.  I don't know what that was all about because no tears were shed on Tuesday.  He got out of the car, said hi to Ms. Sylvie and walked right in to school.  He had a great day Tuesday and yesterday and will go back tomorrow.  Below is a picture of him on Tuesday morning before his first day, rocking his custom t-shirt.  It even has his name embroidered on the back.  :)


I went to the back-to-school night at Oliver's preschool tonight.  It's a cute little school, we're really excited for him.  Since he won't be 2 until 9/17, I had been told that he'd have to start 2 weeks late.  Sitting there tonight, thinking about that made me sad so I asked the director if there was any way that he could start on Tuesday, with everyone else and she said that he could, since his bday is close enough to the start of the year!  I'm happy for him.  Tomorrow we'll go in for the meet & greet with his teacher, Miss Ashley and he'll get to check out his classroom (I took pictures of it while I was there so he could see it ahead of time.  There was a Fisher Price school bus on the table in one of the pics and he was really happy about that bus.  Hope it's still there tomorrow!)   I'm sure it'll be a teary Tuesday morning for both he and I.  My grandmother asked me tonight if he's excited and I said yes but he doesn't really know what he's excited about...He knows that we drop Carter off at school and pick him up a few hours later but I'm sure he hasn't even thought that his school will be like that.  For now, everything he does is with mommy or Marta so I'm sure he's thinking that school will be too.  It'll be great for him though...I'm hoping it'll bring him out of his shell a bit.  Once he's used to it, he'll stay for lunch-bunch.  The regular hours are 9:15-11:45 T/Th and lunch-bunch will keep him there until 12:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment