Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Fun times at the farm!

Plans changed a bit for yesterday afternoon.  Marta and I decided to take the kids to Ticonderoga Farms in Chantilly.  It was a gorgeous afternoon to be outside and the boys had a BLAST!!  There were slides, even Carter went down one twice, and a hay ride where we got to choose our own pumpkin, and lots of room for running around.  Carter's favorite part was watching the older kids chase the chickens around and he even ran a bit himself!  Oliver probably loved the slides the best but the hayride was a close second.  He's becoming a bit of a daredevil!  We will try to get back there one more afternoon before Halloween.  They have a weekday afternoon special, $5pp, from 3-6pm.

The best part for me was when we drove up and I realized that we had been there before but I'd forgotten the name...October 10th, 2009, Oliver was 3 weeks old.  I remember leaving there bummed out b/c Carter wasn't walking and he wasn't able to have as much fun as I "thought" he should.  Well, I'm happy to report that he made up for it this time!!  I'm reminded of all of the progress that he's made, we are so blessed.  :)

Here we are almost 2 years ago to the day, hard to believe that those are Oliver's little feet peeking out of the Ergo...


Here's Doug hiding behind Carter b/c we didn't trust that he was strong enough to sit up on the hay bale by himself...


And here are the boys yesterday...It was Crosby AND Marta's 1st hayride!  And they were both pretty happy!  :)


Carter, my poser, on the hayride


The tractor, named for Oliver, which is SO fitting since he LOVES tractors!


Oliver coming out of his favorite slide



Oliver crossing the shaky bridge...



And the boys loving the chickens.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment