Friday, September 13, 2013

Crosby is a preschooler...(and other late-week happenings)!!

Well, he did it.  Crosby made it off to his first day of preschool and survived without mommy.  :)  Yesterday he spent 45 minutes getting to know the classroom while the moms and dads attended an informational session.  When I walked out of the classroom (to leave him for the 45 mins), he was crying.  I got the report that the tears stopped shortly after and he was ok, but he BURST into tears as soon as he saw me come back into the room.  I was hopeful that today would be a little smoother b/c the cord would be cut at car-line drop-off.  He had a quivery lip but overall stayed strong.  It helped that Oliver's asst teacher from LY was the one to get him out of the car.  Got to speak with his teacher at car-line p/u and she said that overall his day was good.  Shockingly, he didn't want to join the class for snack (he's our eater!) but she said that it's not uncommon for the kids to pick and choose what activities they participate in for the first few weeks.  When Carter's caregiver asked him how his day was, he said, "I cried for mommy".  She said, "what else did you do?" and he said, "I cried for mommy".  Glad to have the first day in the books.  Now we wait 5 days until day 2 (he attends Th/F).  On a side note, he is doing great with his potty training (thanks to Carter's training!).  I told his teacher that we'll try sending him in underwear in about a month, once he's settled it.  Here is a photo of Crosby this morning.  Oliver told me that he hoped that he'd see Crosby and if he was sad, he would try to cheer him up and have his friends help too...He can be so sweet.

Carter is also getting used to his potty routine.  He still puts up a bit of a stink when the timer goes off (EVERY 15 minutes!!) but he knows what he has to do and has had fewer accidents this week (only one this afternoon).  The biggest challenge is that he always has to go since his entire diet is liquid.  This is something else that we are getting ready to tackle.  The other challenge will be getting him to tell us when he has to go, so that we don't have to sit him on there every 15 minutes.  School has been super supportive of his training and is also sticking to a strict schedule for him to keep the consistency.

Oliver had his first playdate without me after school today.  His buddy, Logan, turned 4 earlier this week so he headed over for lunch, cupcakes and play with Logan and 3 other friends (all new to Oliver).  Logan's mom brought him home for me and said he did great.  These boys are really growing up!

Busy weekend ahead (as always!)!  More soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment