Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Challenges...

Carter and Oliver have been giving me a serious run for my money lately...Carter is going through a yelling phase.  The more you ask him not to do it, the more he thinks it's funny and yells even louder.  We've started implementing time-outs...He gets one warning and if he doesn't have a "quiet mouth" then he goes into time-out for 3 minutes.  The two worst places for his yelling are at the dinner table and in the car.  At the dinner table, we will remove him from the table by pushing his chair into the kitchen where he can't see anyone, which he doesn't like.  The car is challenging...If I ask him to have a quiet mouth, he'll yell louder and there is no consequence b/c I'm driving.  We had an appt in Fairfax today and he yelled most of the way.  I ignored him.  It was hard.  :(  If Oliver is in the car, it's even harder b/c his yelling will sometimes make Oliver mad, which quickly turns to tears, which makes Carter laugh and yell even louder.  Talk about a vicious cycle!!  If I ask Carter to be quiet upstairs when we're getting ready for bed, since Crosby is sleeping, he'll laugh and yell louder and louder and I want to ring his little neck...Of course I wouldn't, but...

Oliver is being a typical 2 year old, which is driving me crazy b/c I've never been a big believer in the "terrible two's".  He's been visiting the time-out pack-n-play quite a bit too.  He is SUCH a tester.  He will push me until I move toward him to take him to time-out and then he'll say, "Oliver stop".  Ah, the joys...

On a funny note, I had all 3 boys in the car this morning and we were in the drop-off line at Carter's school.  Usually we can drive right up b/c drop-off for pre-K is after the rest of the school since it takes some kids longer to get out but on rainy days, like today, there tend to be a lot of late-comers.  As we're sitting there stopped, with at least 6 cars ahead of us, I hear from the backseat, "C'mon yady (Oliver's pronunciation of lady), MOVE IT!".  I had to laugh.  At least I'm careful to keep my profanities to myself.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment