Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

It's POTTY time!!

It's early, this I know...Oliver will be 2 this coming Saturday, 9/17 but for a few weeks now he's gone sporadically on the potty and more and more he's telling us when he goes in his diaper and he wants to be changed right away.  So, I decided to "start" training him.  I say "start" b/c I didn't read anything, I just dug into my memory, back to all of the comments I'd tucked away from friends with kids Carter's age when they were training.  We were home most of the weekend and this morning so I left him naked from the waist down.  He's gone on the potty every time he's had to go, now, mostly without even telling me, he'll just go over to the potty and I'll hear the music play.  He even pooped in there once yesterday and once this morning.  Today was the 2nd day that he woke up with a dry diaper from his nap and for anyone who knows Oliver, he drinks A LOT!!  This afternoon we were going to a friend's house so I packed the potty in the car and I didn't put a diaper on him, just his shorts (this was a tip that I read when I finally googled, 3-day training, as advised by a friend).  I asked him a few times if he had to go and he said no.  A little while later he told me he had to go, I whisked him over to the potty and he went.  We got home and I stripped him down again and he stayed dry until bedtime.  Tomorrow he has school so I'll put a diaper on him but I did tell his teacher that we're in the early stages of training so I asked her to sit him on the potty during diaper change time.  I know that some of his classmates are also training now so I'm hoping they'll put some friendly pressure on him.  I'm not ready to send him in undies yet b/c I know he'll get busy playing and forget all about going on the potty.  I'm not a big believer in pull-ups, I think that they're just glorified diapers.  We'll see where this takes us...

No comments:

Post a Comment